Do I get mileage allowance with a sole proprietorship?

If you are using a privately owned car, you can get deductions when using it for work, so-called mileage allowance. Tax deductions for cars are calculated based on a standard rate (read more here).

You need to keep a log of dates, purpose of travel, route descriptions (from and to) and kilometers per travel. Without a driving record, the Norwegian Tax Agency can determine your allowance at its discretion, in which case you may not get the full deduction you are entitled to.

Autogear is a user-friendly electronic driving logbook and you can get a discount at "Autogear Business" and 30 days free use through us. You can find a template for driving log on the website of Altinn. You can also find a more detailed description through Altinn.